National Agriculture in the Classroom (grades K-12)
Agriculture in the Classroom is a grassroots program coordinated by the United States Department of Agriculture. Its goal is to help students gain a greater awareness of the role of agriculture in the economy and society, so that they may become citizens who support wise agricultural policies.
- Lesson plans, activities - Interactive, integrated student modules from all 50 states plus other countries.
Challenge yourself and expand your mind – Top Agriculture picks for grades 5-9
- Teen Scene – Science fair ideas, careers, interactive quizzes, and more!
- Agriculture ideas for science fair projects.
Ag Day (grades K-12)
- Celebrate National Ag Day with the Nation each March
Fun Farm Facts
- Test your farm knowledge at Farm City, USA
Gardening! (grades K-12)
- Design your garden online A fun interactive site that will help you determine what you can plant based upon the size of your garden.
- Montana climatological data. Annual and growing season precipitation and frost free days.
- Can I Grow That Here? – Vegetable seed and transplant schedules for garden or container.
Integrated Pest Management! (middle school grades)
- University of Nebraska: Interactive student lessons on pest management in school. Teacher, student, and parent resources.
- Lisa Larson, 2009 AMS "Teacher of the Year" shares her website for agriculture education.
- Montana Agriculture Organizations
- Montana Kids Website
- Montana Agriculture Statistics
- Montana Youth Camps - Montana Envirothon, 2010 Range Days, Natural Resources Youth Camp, and Montana Youth Range Camp! Outdoor classrooms offer a variety of exciting educational opportunities for ages 4 to adult.
Nutrition! (Teacher resources for grades K-12)